Update added by user May 09, 2013
Their General Manager called me yesterday 5/8/13, after i initiated a chat session on their website letting them know how disappointed in this transaction.He acknowledged it was a mistake on their website, explained clearly exactly what happened, and was very sincere in asking me how they could correct the situation.
He worked with me to offer a fair solution that i was ok with.
Overall i will say that was pleasantly surprised with how this was handled after i communicated my concerns to the right person.I will update once i receive this product.
Original review posted by user May 07, 2013
I placed an order with OFFICEDESIGNS.COM (OFFICE DESIGNS) on Saturday May 4th, 2013 for two Humanscale desks after following a link to their website for low prices on the product. I placed my order for each desk cost for $181 per desk, which was promptly charge to my credit card the same day. I received an order confirmation immediately stating they would inform me of my ship date.
Today 5/7/2013, i received a call from a representative from the company (officedesigns.com) who informed me that they would NOT honor the prices they advertised on their website because "the manufacturer made a mistake", and it wasn't their fault. Sounds like a cop out to blame Humanscale for the mistake. OK fine. Then HumanScale should honor that price.
I informed him that i thought he should honor the advertised price because if i went into any reputable retail store and saw something advertised at a reasonable price and purchased it, a reputable store would honor the price marked.
He said that this was online and not a retail store. WOW. That's a bold statement for an internet retailer.
Here's the screenshot of the original advertisement of their pricing on their website where it clearly says ADD TO CART FOR LOWER PRICE, which i did.
That's really too bad that they took this route.
It clearly shows that some companies, namely OFFICEDESIGNS.COM (and by association HUMANSCALE, despite what they say about their "Low Price Guarantee and Customer Service Promises to ensure your complete satisfaction" only give lip service instead of real customer service.
The proper way to handle this would be to suck it up and honor the transaction. Considering the fact that our company is growing to 2 cities this year, and 3 more next year, humanscale and their unethical distributor just lost a sizable order.
I hope anyone considering buying product from officedesigns.com or humanscale consider their attitude towards customer service. If this is their idea of complete satisfaction, I would hate to see what their post sale service is like.
Buyer Beware of OfficeDesigns.com and HUMANSCALE
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Human Scale Desks
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was his biggest fan, so I was as surprised as anyone. He is a fraud. He pretends to be concerned & compassionate, but gossips about his patients..."
- "This is totally scam and fake site. I have more than 80euro in my balance. But i cant withdraw it.Dont believe graybux.com. Its completely scam. So they not allow forum..."
- "Here’s just a heads up for those in the industry, the entire suite of companies behind these sweepstakes offers came crumbling down (Purple123/PurpleHouse), dragging down BrkMob in the process. The white-label..."
- "Had a horrible experience with Mantruk movers. Had a move from NC to Ok. Upon arrival most of our furniture was scratched dented or broke. Spoke to Ernest who told..."
- "I looked . I did not buy. Lowes gave me a better price. ..."
- "DO NOT PURCHASE ANY "GENUINE " LEATHER FURNITURE FROM JEROMES!!!! It will begin to PEEL within a year (or less) from purchase. Additionally, DO NOT PURCHASE the bogus..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "Tracy Drott Agency Owner 210.319.7218 12540 Bandera Rd. #209 Helotes, TX 78024 My name is Hung Tran. I purchased Allstate auto insurance policy thru Tracy Drott, an agency owner located at 12540 Bandera Rd. Ste...."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."